The next General Assembly Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 24th from 6:00pm-7:30pm in the cafeteria.Join us as we elect and announce the new 2017-2018 PTSA Executive Board!For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you and we hope to see you there!FSUS SECONDARY PTSA FUNDRAISER UPDATEThank you to everyone who supported ourJUST WRITE A CHECKcampaign!!! Thanks to your contributions we raised just over $1900.00!!!
Florida State University SchoolsParent Teacher Student Association
What is the FSUS PTSA?
FSUS PTSA is a partnership of the parents, teachers, students, administrators and staff of Florida State University Schools (FSUS). Together, we are working for the enrichment of our students' educational experience.
***Grandparents, family members and other friends of FSUS are welcome and are an important part of FSUS PTSA.
- To promote the educational, physical, emotional and spiritual welfare of our children
- To strengthen the relationship between the home and the school so that families and teachers
may cooperate in the education of our children
- To advocate for laws that protect and nurture our children
Why We Need You:
Research has shown that a major factor in a school's success is a high level of parent and community involvement and support. A parent's involvement has an enormously positive impact on a student's attitude, attendance, and academic achievement. You have the power to make a difference in your student's education and to enrich the educational experience of every student at Florida State University Schools!
How Can You Help?
1) Become a member - By joining PTSA you are showing your support and commitment to the growth of the educational environment at FSUS. Becoming a member does not mean that you have to volunteers hours of your time! Your membership alone supports your FSUS PTSA and we would love to have you commit whatever time works for you!
- By joining PTSA you become a member of the oldest child advocacy program in the nation.
- Your membership dues give our children a voice in legislation.
- Members stay informed of the latest FSUS & PTSA news through our link on the school web site, FSUS PTSA Facebook page, and attendance at General Assembly meetings.
- You have a voice and a vote on all issues brought before PTSA.
2) Support PTSA Fundraising Events - Our fundraisers support all activities of the FSUS PTSA including Teacher Mini-Grants, Senior Scholarships, Reading Programs, Academic Enrichment, Teacher Appreciation Week Events, School Garden, Health, Wellness and Safety Programs, Bike Rodeo, Kindergarten Boo-Hoo Breakfast and much more!
You can help us when you:
* Participate in our Annual Fundraisers
* Save and submit Box Tops for Education and Community Coffee Labels
* Make tax-deductible direct donations to FSUS PTSA
3) Volunteer - We need volunteers at every level of time commitment: one-time events, an hour, one day or one project! You can be part of our quorum at General Assembly meetings, or the parent who brings in baked goods for Teacher Appreciation Events. You can join committees, lead committees, or even run for elected office!
Why Volunteer Your Time?
Your kids like it when you help!!!
- You get to know the FSUS Faculty, Administration, Staff and other parents
- You get to experience your child's other world - School!!!
- You will be making a difference in your child's education and in the education of all students at Florida High
Your FSUS PTSA looks forward to seeing you out on campus this year!
Come out and meet us, see what we do, and GET INVOLVED!
Last Updated: 7/14/16